Consumer Law for Customer Service Teams
Author: Watchdog Compliance
Study time: 25-30 minutes
This training has been designed to assist you to understand the risks and obligations under Australian and New Zealand consumer laws, when you are performing duties for your business as part of the customer service team.
It provides guidance on how to create the correct overall impression to avoid misleading customers, and also outlines customer's rights, their consumer rights at law and what customer remedies they are entitled to receive.
The training also details how to handle customer requests and the requirements around mandatory reporting of safety incidents.
- What is the law? The consumer laws and the consequences for you and your business of not complying with these laws
- The Golden Rule: How to create the correct overall impression to avoid misleading customers
- Making product claims
- What are the consumer's rights at law?
- Customer remedies
- Customer rights
- 'Manufacturers Warranties' and 'Warranties against Defects'
- How to handle customer requests
- Safety - Your Highest Priority - the requirements around mandatory reporting of safety incidents.
The training also includes a quiz and trainees will receive a Statement of Completion.
Watchdog Compliance specialises in assisting businesses to comply with their legal obligations in Australia and New Zealand, in the areas of Competition and Consumer law, Modern Slavery, Privacy & Spam.