Product Safety Awareness
+ Clothing and accessories (WDPSA06)
This course will also provide you with:
- specific information about the product safety requirements for some clothing and accessories that are subject to Mandatory Standards (with downloadable Supplier Verification Checklists);
- information on banned or unsafe goods; and
- details about product testing, labelling and recalls.
Author: Watchdog Compliance
Study Time: 20 Mins
This module is packed with practical tips and strategies to help you achieve compliance with ease. We guide you on arranging product testing, and provide contact details for the Regulators.
In this module you will receive guides to the Mandatory Standards for:
- clothing and textiles (care labelling);
- clothing and textiles (fibre content labelling);
- clothing and footwear (country of origin labelling);
- children's nightwear;
- paper patterns for children's nightwear;
- sunglasses and fashion spectacles.
You will be able to download your
Watchdog Statement of Completion (WDPSA06)
when you have completed this training module.
We understand that navigating product safety compliance can be complex, and our mission is to simplify it for you.
We have designed a course to give sellers guidance on the product safety laws and standards that apply if you want to sell a product in Australia or New Zealand.
We provide practical information on how to ensure your products meet the relevant requirements including:
- Why you need to know about product safety in Australia and New Zealand
- The consequences and penalties that are involved if you supply banned or unsafe products into the market
- The product safety requirements in Australia and New Zealand
- How you can comply with those product safety requirements
- How you can comply with the general safety requirement for products
- How you can arrange for product testing (including links to find test facility contact information)
- Where you can go for more information (with contact information for the relevant Regulators and authorities)