The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) announced yesterday that it will be focusing on the product compliance of toys for children under three, products containing button batteries, toppling furniture, and infant sleep products.
The ACCC will be conducting investigations into products of the highest concern and will take enforcement action where appropriate.
It is therefore vital that retailers and online marketplaces
- require their product suppliers to undergo product safety awareness training; and
- get signed verifications from those suppliers to confirm that products have been tested and that they meet Australian and New Zealand mandatory requirements.
This process can be easily managed using our online training platform. This supplier training comes at no cost to the retailer/ marketplace (there is a small cost for suppliers). The training has attached supplier verification forms and a Statement of Completion (which the supplier can retain/ send to you for your records).
Retailers and online marketplaces can simply send the relevant link to their suppliers of products, and ask them to complete the training that is and confirm this has been done:
- Product Safety Awareness + Toys, crafts & novelties (WDPSA02)
- Product Safety Awareness + Toys, crafts & novelties + button batteries (WDPSA02A)
- Product Safety Awareness + Infant and nursery products (WDPSA03)
- Product Safety Awareness + Infant and nursery products + button batteries (WDPSA03A)
Our supplier product safety awareness training is available in English and Chinese (and can be made available in other languages as required).
If you are interested in rolling out this training to your suppliers to help your business meet its legal requirements and to ensure that the products you supply comply with the relevant standards, please contact us.